Famous Dave's Baked Wilbur Beans RecipeIngredients
- 8 ounces thick-slice Hickory-Smoked Bacon
- 1 (8-ounce) Strip Steak
- Dave's Steak Seasoning to taste
- 1 (8-ounce) twice-smoked Sausage Link
- 2 tablespoons Bacon Drippings
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1/3 cup chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced Jalapeno
- 2 (28-ounce) cans Bush's Baked Beans
- 1 (20-ounce) bottle Famous Dave's BBQ sauce
- Fry bacon in a skillet until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
- Crumble the bacon.
- Sprinkle steak with steak seasoning.
- Grill steak over hot coals until medium. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Grill sausage until nice and charred. Slice the sausage lengthwise into halves; slice into quarters. Cut the quarters into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Saute onion, green pepper and jalapeno in reserved bacon drippings in a skillet just until onion is tender-crisp.
- Stir in bacon, steak, sausage, beans and sauce.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
The flavor is enhanced if stored, covered, in the refrigerator for 8 to 10 hours and reheated just before serving.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from Famous Dave's...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of Famous Dave's Baked 'Wilbur' Beans is by chapstickaddict - http://blatantlywastingtime.blogspot.com/ - and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License.