Famous Dave's Shakin the Shack Potato Salad Recipe
- 3 pounds Russet Potatoes
- 1 1/4 cups Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped Celery
- 1/2 cup chopped Red Onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped Pimientos
- 1 tablespoon finely minced Jalapeno, seeded
- 5 hard-boiled Egg, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Pickle Relish
- Paprika (for garnish)
- Combine the potatoes with enough water to cover in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil until tender but not mushy; drain.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- To Make the Salad
- Peel the chilled potatoes and coarsely chop.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Stir in celery, red onion, green pepper, pimento and jalapeno.
- Fold in potatoes, eggs and pickle relish.
Chill, covered, until serving time.
The flavor is enhanced if chilled overnight. Garnish with paprika.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from Famous Dave's...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of Potato Salad by sewpixie - http://sewpixie.tinfoildreams.com/ - and used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License.