Famous Dave’s Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce Recipe
- 1 loaf Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 2/3 cup Golden Raisins
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 4 cups Milk
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Extract
- 8 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Famous Dave's Praline Sauce (Recipe Below)
- Coat bottom and side of a 2" deep (very large) baking dish heavily with butter.
- Tear bread (including ends) into 1" pieces.
- Mix with raisins and spread it evenly in the prepared dish; be sure to turn as much of the crusts side down as they tend to burn easily
- Whisk sugar, milk, whipping cream, vanilla, eggs and cinnamon until blended.
- Pour over bread mixture.
- (You can skip this step if you like) Place baking dish in a 4" deep baking pan. Add water to reach halfway up side of the baking dish. Bake for 1 hour in 325 F oven.
- Remove from water bath and let stand until completely cold.
- Spoon into dessert bowls, warm in the microwave and drizzle with warm Famous Dave's Praline Sauce (Recipe Below.)
- Top with whipped cream and add a scoop of ice cream.
Famous Dave's Praline Sauce Recipe
(This makes A LOT of sauce. You can cut it in half and it is plenty.)
- 2 cups unsalted Butter (cubed)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Pecans
- 3 pounds Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Heat 1 cup butter in large saucepan until melted.
- Add pecans and mix well.
- Bring to a boil. Cook until pecans begin to change color. (Mixture will foam over, so use a large saucepan.)
- Add remaining butter and mix well. This will cool the pecan mixture and stop the cooking process.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine brown sugar, whipping cream and cinnamon in a saucepan and mix well. (Do not beat after you add whipping cream, just mix.)
- Cook over low heat until blended, stirring constantly; increase heat--but be sure NOT to let it boil.
- Cook to 230 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in pecan mixture.
- Add sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
- Remove from heat.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from Famous Dave's...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of Famous Dave's Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce is by chapstickaddict - http://blatantlywastingtime.blogspot.com/ - and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License.